Saturday, June 25, 2011

Artwork: Secondary Female Ki'rin from Ki'rin Project

As mentioned in the Mother Ki'rin blog entry, my plan after drawing that initial female ki'rin for the Ki'rin project was to draw a new mother ki'rin. I wasn't that crazy about the first one and thought that, perhaps, the issue was the body posture so I created this second female ki'rin. She was designed to be turning her head to nuzzle the baby ki'rin. I was happy with how she came out but then later I figured out my issues with the original female and fixed them leaving me with two ki'rin to choose from. I decided that the ki'rin that was laying down would be the mother and I would use the second as a father. The problem came from the fact that I had used a doe as the body model for the standing ki'rin which gave it a distinctly female feel. I decided then that I would go ahead and just have two females. My reasoning was that, since they are somewhat based on deer and deer travel in female herds with the babies, it would be ok to just go with it and would be far better than trying to force a male shape out of one that was clearly female.


No comments:

Post a Comment